PLEASE NOTE that due to COVID-19 there will be no spectators allowed, limited attendance, no groups, and quickly changing rules. Please sign up for our email list for the latest updates.
(Items below in
strikeout are currently not available)
Tripoli Minnesota Rocket Launches
We launch many rockets of all sizes from small models to the incredibly large. Some are 20 feet or more tall. Rocketry is truly a family activity for all ages.
Kids (and those young at heart) are welcome to come launch on our 12 low powered launch pads, while the adults get to play with the really big and beautiful high powered birds on our 8 high power pads.
Even if you just come to watch, rocketry can be fun and even a little educational. Youth groups are welcome, but a little advanced notice is always appreciated. Please review rocket safety requirements prior to attending the launch (Low Power, Mid Power). Bring your sunscreen, a chair to sit in, and lots to drink. Come early as parking will be at a premium. There is no charge for spectators or those under 18 launching low powered rockets. If you are 18+ you must be a Tripoli Minnesota member, and a member of one of the national organizations Tripoli Rocket Association, National Association of Rocketry (NAR), or the Canadian Association of Rocketry (CAR) to launch any rocket of any size. Memberships to Tripoli Minnesota and Tripoli National are available on-site.
We usually have one or more rocket equipment vendors (Off We Go Rocketry) and sanitary facilities available at each launch.
We also often have a food vendor: Brian’s Brats, serving brats, hot dogs, chips, & soda for a nominal (and quite reasonable) charge. Setup starts at around 8:00 AM and first flights at 9:00 AM. Please consider arriving early to set up and/or staying late for clean up.
Directions from I-35 North Branch, MN
- Take exit 147 (Highway 95) off of I-35; North Branch, MN
- Drive east .6 miles to County Road 30 (Forest Blvd) and turn left
- Drive north 3.2 miles to 420th St (Sink Hole Rd) and turn right
- Drive east 2.3 miles to the Central Turf Farm entrance (unmarked road, look for the Central Turf sign) and turn right
- Drive south .5 miles to the “T” intersection and turn left
- Drive east .25 miles to the first unmarked road and turn right
- Drive south .25 miles, turn right and find a parking spot.